Re: [eclipse-clp-users] dump/3

From: Jorge Navas <jorge_at_...155...>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 15:49:00 +0100
> Which ECLiPSe solver are you trying to port CLP(R) to? Any answer to
> your question is very likely to depend on which solver you are
> using.

I thought Clp(Q,R) because it may be easier.

> As dump/3 is a predicate in CLP(R), it would be helpful if you give
> some description of what dump/3 does. From what I can gather from a
> quick search, dump/3 seem to be used to extract the problem
> constraints. This may not be a critical part of your CLP(R)
> application, as the extracting of the constraints may be for
> information purpose only.

dump(Targets,NewVars,Ans).

Ans is the collection of current constraints projected with respect to
Targets and given in terms of NewVars. For instance,

?- X > Y + Z, dump([X,Y,Z],[A,B,C],Ans).
Ans = [ - A + B + C < 0]

And, as you mentioned dump/3 is usually used for information
purposes. However, in my case it's very relevant for the application.

Thanks!

Jorge