[eclipse-clp-users] Install on Ganymede SR1 win32 fails

From: David Pautler <david_at_...151...>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 11:06:00 +0800
I downloaded Saros-1.00.zip and unpacked to my "eclipse ganymede SR1
win32" folder. But when I start the Ganymede IDE and go to Help |
Software Updates, neither "saros" nor "eclipse clp" appear under either
the Installed or Available tabs.

Looking in the directories, these appear under "plugins":

org.eclipseclp.saros.core_1.0.0.jar
org.eclipseclp.saros.development_1.0.0.jar
org.eclipseclp.saros.documentation_1.0.0.jar
org.eclipseclp.saros.eclipse_5.10.82.jar
org.eclipseclp.saros.runtime_1.0.0.jar

And this appears under "features":

org.eclipseclp.saros_1.0.0.jar

This last one appears strange, because it's the only jar under
"features"...it seems it should be a manifest file instead. But these
placements correspond to the folder structure in the zip.

Kish Shen replied:
>  Did you look at the notes available with the Saros download?
>  There is some description on how to use Saros.
>
>  After you unpacked Saros into your eclipse, start it, go to
>  Windows->Preferences... (Windows should be in your menu bar),
>  and Saros should be one of the available item in the list on
>  the left-hand side of the Preferences popup.
>
>  I don't know if this Ganymede makes any differences, but
>  I suspect eclipse would not have made such a drastic change to
>  its structure that Saros would install incorrectly.

There is nothing in Saros-1.00.zip except the jars listed above...no
docs. I've been trying to follow

https://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=550902&group_id=177708
<https://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=550902&group_id=177708>

Saros does appear under Windows | Preferences, but it does not appear
under Help | Software Updates. But perhaps I shouldn't worry about
updates yet. Saros does appear under File | New | Project, so the
subject line of this post may be inaccurate...but can't be sure yet.

Regarding the Saros instructions at the link above, they require
selecting an ECLiPSe engine. Where can I find guidance about which
engine is best for me, and where to find it in my ECLiPSe install dir?
I have looked here:

http://www.eclipse-clp.org/doc/tutorial/tutorial.html