Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Problem: OutOfProcessEclipse and Java

From: Joachim Schimpf (Independent Contractor) <"Joachim>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 13:32:07 +0200
Martin Wegner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we are three students from the University Potsdam Germany and work on a
> program implemented in Java. We use eclipse prolog and until yet we are
> very happy with eclipse prolog. But now we want to use
> OutOfProcessEclipse and this don't work for us :(
>
> We use the eclipse_rt.tgz package and have the lib directory in our
> program directory. This works fine unless we use OutOfProcessEclipse...
> Our problem do not appear when we install eclipse prolog on our computer
> (Windows), but this is not a solution, because our program must run on a
> linux machine and we don't want that it is necessary to install anything
> to run our program.
>
> This is the way we did before without any problems:
>
> import java.io.*;
> import com.parctechnologies.eclipse.*;
> public class eclipse {
>         EmbeddedEclipse eclipse;
>         EclipseEngineOptions options = new EclipseEngineOptions(new
> File(""));

You should specify here the directory where ECLiPSe can find its /lib directory,
i.e. set the eclipseDir property, see
http://www.eclipse-clp.org/doc/javadoc/JavaEclipseInterface/index.html

If you install Eclipse on the machine, this directory name is taken from
the registry, that's why it works in that case.

-- Joachim