[eclipse-clp-users] Problem: OutOfProcessEclipse and Java

From: Martin Wegner <martinator.de_at_...114...>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 12:43:48 +0200
Hello,

we are three students from the University Potsdam Germany and work on a
program implemented in Java. We use eclipse prolog and until yet we are
very happy with eclipse prolog. But now we want to use
OutOfProcessEclipse and this don't work for us :(

We use the eclipse_rt.tgz package and have the lib directory in our
program directory. This works fine unless we use OutOfProcessEclipse...
Our problem do not appear when we install eclipse prolog on our computer
(Windows), but this is not a solution, because our program must run on a
linux machine and we don't want that it is necessary to install anything
to run our program.

This is the way we did before without any problems:

import java.io.*;
import com.parctechnologies.eclipse.*;
public class eclipse {
        EmbeddedEclipse eclipse;
        EclipseEngineOptions options = new EclipseEngineOptions(new
File(""));
        try {
            eclipse = EmbeddedEclipse.getInstance(options);
        }
        catch(IOException e) {
            System.err.println("Error: " + e.toString());
            System.err.println("Error: " + e.getMessage());
        }
        catch(EclipseException e) {
            System.err.println("Error: " + e.toString());
            System.err.println("Error: " + e.getMessage());
        }
    }
}

And this code for OutOfProcessEclipse don't work:

import java.io.*;
import com.parctechnologies.eclipse.*;
public class eclipse {
        OutOfProcessEclipse eclipse;
        EclipseEngineOptions options = new EclipseEngineOptions(new
File(""));
        try {
            eclipse = new OutOfProcessEclipse(options);
        }
        catch(IOException e) {
            System.err.println("Error: " + e.toString());
            System.err.println("Error: " + e.getMessage());
        }
        catch(EclipseException e) {
            System.err.println("Error: " + e.toString());
            System.err.println("Error: " + e.getMessage());
        }
    }
}

I got this error message:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input
string: "No such file or directory in
pcompile('//C/Eclipse/lib/kernel.pl', 2, sepia_kernel)"
    at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
    at
com.parctechnologies.eclipse.OutOfProcessEclipse.<init>(OutOfProcessEclipse.java:82)
    at eclipse.main(eclipse.java:18)

We are so sad and hope that you have a good solution for us :)

Thank you!

Greetings!

Martin