Re: [eclipse-users] Maximization.

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 19:56:55 +0000
Hi Amine,

You are using lib(fd), the old finite domain solver. You may want to
consider using the newer lib(ic) instead.

Also, as the problm you are solving is an  integer problem, and you say
that the problem is solved efficiently with IP solver, you may want to
try using lib(eplex) to solve your problem. This uses an external MP
solver such as COIN-OR's CLP/CBC solvers or CPLEX, to solve your
problem. In this case, you can specify either max or min for the
objective function.

Chagining the sign of the objective is the way to change the direction
of optimisation. Using this should not affect the efficiency of solving
your problem.-- many integer problems cannot be solved efficiently using
finite domain solver.