Re: [eclipse-users] tkeclipse doesn't run

From: Lutz, Charles D <charles.d.lutz_at_...53...>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 10:45:56 -0400
Hi Kish,

I apologize for the late reply - I was out for a couple of
days with a cold. I've tried the edit, but now it complains
about a different .dll, which does seem to be already listed
in the explicit loads:

----
Problem loading the ECLiPSe shared libraries: couldn't load
library "./tkexdr.dll": this library or a dependent library
could not be found in library path
(bin) 1 %
----

Just to be sure, here is my edit of the section of eclipse.tcl
that loads .dlls:

----
set eclipsedir [file dirname [file dirname [info script]]]
source [file join $eclipsedir lib_tcl eclipse_arch.tcl]

set prev [pwd]
cd [file join $eclipsedir lib [ec_arch]]
if { [catch {
	load [file join . tkexdr[info sharedlibextension]]
	# ---- Added by Chuck Lutz on advice from Kish Shen (via email),
26 Apr 07
	load [file join . eclipse[info sharedlibextension]]
	# ----
	load [file join . tkeclipse[info sharedlibextension]]
    } error]
 } {
    cd $prev
    error "Problem loading the ECLiPSe shared libraries: $error"
}
cd $prev
----

I don't know TCL, but it seems that the line with "tkexdr" in
it ought to explicitly load tkexdr.dll. The previous complaint
was that it couldn't load the library ".\tkeclipse.dll"; this
time it is "./tkexdr.dll". I don't know if the forward-slash
is a problem (perhaps Tcl handles "\" vs "/" transparently on
Windows; beats me).

My next idea is to try the manual install, but I haven't yet
looked at it to try to tell if it is likely to solve my problem.

Thanks,
Chuck Lutz