Re: Trying to redefine imported existing procedure in ground/1

From: Joachim Schimpf <j.schimpf_at_icparc.ic.ac.uk>
Date: Tue 10 May 2005 03:52:59 PM GMT
Laszlo Nemeth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm very green to Eclipse 5.8 and trying to solve little puzzles which
> involve Allen's intervals (like the one in K. Apt's book). The user
> manual 8.2 suggests doing
>
> :- lib(chr).
> :- chr2pl(time).
> :- ['time'].
>
> this dies with 'calling an undefined procedure'. Later on 8.2 suggests
> :- chr(time).
>
> but this also dies. At some point, I was getting error messages about
> ground/1 being redefined in 'time-pc'.

This will be fixed in patch 5.8#92. It's because ground/1 is now a built-in
predicate, and those example files define their own version of it.

For the moment, you can work around the problem by giving a

:- local ground/1.

declaration before loading any of the chr files.

--
  Joachim Schimpf              /             phone: +44 20 7594 8187
  IC-Parc                     /      mailto:J.Schimpf@imperial.ac.uk