Re: Re: Reading a file and converting the input to integers...

From: Joachim Schimpf <j.schimpf_at_icparc.ic.ac.uk>
Date: Tue 19 Oct 2004 03:45:27 PM GMT
Mark A. Hennessy wrote:
>   Sorry about the second message. I initially sent it from my personal
> e-mail by mistake and thought it would get rejected so I sent it from
> the one I had registered under.

That was my mistake. I used my powers as mailing list administrator and
approved your bounced message manually, just before you re-sent it...

> I was looking for an easier way of doing this. My approach is
> convoluted. I have been using Eclipse for only a few weeks and this is
> the first time I've tried to do this. What I/O facility allows me to do
> this like you say? Is it read_term?

read/1,2 and read_term/2,3 can only read valid Eclipse syntax, which you
don't have.  Your choices are either read_string/3,4 (which is probably
what you're using now) or read_token/2,3.

--
  Joachim Schimpf              /             phone: +44 20 7594 8187
  IC-Parc                     /      mailto:J.Schimpf@imperial.ac.uk