Re: how to display long lists

From: Kish Shen <ks15_at_icparc.ic.ac.uk>
Date: Tue 06 Apr 2004 03:30:06 PM GMT
Hi,

>I have written a program that produces internally large lists of terms.
>During debugging these lists are not displayed completely, but cut in
>the tracer.

If you are debugging, you can use the `inspect' command to traverse and
inspect large terms. In TkECLiPSe, this is done with the inspector, which
you can fire up by double clicking on the traceline. On tty ECLiPSe,
the debugger has a series of inspect commands.

Using the inspector is much better than looking at a fully printed larger
term and trying to work out the actual structure of the printed term.

>Is there a way to  obtain the complete list?

If what you want is to print a term completely, one way to do this is to
use writeq/2, instead of writeln/2.