Re: bb_min

From: Joachim Schimpf <j.schimpf_at_icparc.ic.ac.uk>
Date: Fri 31 Oct 2003 03:18:17 PM GMT
Pedro Leite Rocha wrote:
 > Hello.
 >
 > I've been using the bb_min/3 within another bb_min/3. But it seems to be
 > confusing the timeout I've set for one with the other.

You are right, nested bb_min timeouts do not work correctly.
It will be fixed in release 5.7.

 > There is a bb_min/3 with a timeout of 3600 and, inside it, another
 > bb_min/3 with a timeout of 100. It seems to be setting the timeout for the
 > inner function also to 3600. Is that possible?

That would be surprising. I'd expect that when the 3600s timeout occurs
while you are within a nested bb_min, then that inner bb_min will be
terminated erroneously (before its 100s are over), and the outer bb_min
will not be terminated at all.

--
  Joachim Schimpf              /             phone: +44 20 7594 8187
  IC-Parc                     /      mailto:J.Schimpf@imperial.ac.uk