Re: comparing eclipse-variables in c++

From: Joachim Schimpf <j.schimpf_at_icparc.ic.ac.uk>
Date: Tue 07 Jan 2003 02:43:10 PM GMT
Georg Fette wrote:

> Hello,
> It is a bit difficult to work with the eclipse-variables (EC_word) in c++,
> because they have no compare-operator defined (==). Is there an easy way to
> perform this check ?

Patient: Doctor, when I twist my arm like that, it hurts!
Doctor: Well, then don't twist your arm like that...

It seems you are making your life very difficult by trying
to do more things in C++ than necessary.
When you design a system that combines Eclipse code with C++
code, choose the C++ bits (the external predicates) such that
they have simple types and modes (+ or -).

Having said that, the comparison operator you mention probably
makes sense. I'm just afraid that you are heading into the
direction of writing complete Eclipse programs in C++, and
this is just not what the C++ interface was made for.

--
 Joachim Schimpf              /             phone: +44 20 7594 8187
 IC-Parc, Imperial College   /            mailto:J.Schimpf@ic.ac.uk