two questions

From: Ulrich Scholz <scholz_at_inferenzsysteme.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Date: Mon 02 Dec 2002 02:33:51 PM GMT
Hello,

earlier this year I learned about a compiler optimization bug:

> Joachim Schimpf wrote:

> this is a compiler optimization bug, triggered by sequences
> of =/2 goals. You can work around this problem by inserting
> true/0 between the =/2 goals to break the sequence, e.g.
> We do not plan to provide a fix for this because we are
> working on a completely new compiler.

I wonder whether this bug is present in the new ECLiPSe 5.5?

Then I started working with structs:  Very nice, makes my code much more
readable.  Now my question: When I change a struct definition and compile my
program again, eg change

:- local struct(ncfset_tuple(pre, add, del, fdel)).

:- local struct(ncfset_tuple(preX, add, del, fdel)).

then I get

WARNING: attempt to redefine an existing local item in local struct(ncfset_tuple(preX, add, del,
fdel)) in module eclipse

Appearently, the old struct definition is still known by the system.  How do I
remove it (without exiting ECLiPSe of course)?

Thank you for your answers.

Uli

--
Ulrich Scholz