Re: Eclipse and Temporal reasoning

From: J.R. van Ossenbruggen <Jacco.van.Ossenbruggen_at_cwi.nl>
Date: Mon 01 Jul 2002 07:52:49 AM GMT
On Fri, Jun 28 2002 "Nilesh Modi" wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am  just a new comer to users club of Eclipse. I would like to
> know how can I use Eclipse for temporal reasoning problems
> [Allen's Interval Algebra]. If possible with example.

We have used Eclipse with CHR as described in

   K.R. Apt and E. Monfroy, ``Constraint Programming viewed as
   Rule-based Programming''.  Theory and Practice of Logic Programming
   (TPLP) 1(6) pp. 713 - 750.  http://www.cwi.nl/~apt/ps/am00.ps

for calculating multimedia schedules with Allen relations.
Some results can be found in

   Joost Geurts, Jacco van Ossenbruggen, and Lynda Hardman
   "Application-Specific Constraints for Multimedia Presentation
   Generation". In: Proceedings of the International Conference on
   Multimedia Modeling 2001 (MMM01) CWI, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
   pp. 247-266 November 5-7, 2001
   Available at http://www.cwi.nl/~media/publications/mmm01.pdf

More details in

   Joost Geurts
   "Constraints for Multimedia Presentation Generation".
   Masters Thesis, University of Amsterdam 2002. Available at
   http://www.cwi.nl/~media/publications/thesis_joost.pdf

I hope this helps,

-- Jacco

PS: You might also want to look into Eclipse's new interval
constraints lib, ic.  I would really appreciate to hear what your
results are!