Re: running embedded ECLiPSe from IBMJava2-13?

From: Lloyd Kamara <l.kamara_at_ic.ac.uk>
Date: Mon 18 Mar 2002 12:48:07 PM GMT
On 3/18/02, 10:02:25 AM, "J.R. van Ossenbruggen"
<Jacco.van.Ossenbruggen@cwi.nl> wrote regarding [eclipse-users] running
embedded ECLiPSe from IBMJava2-13? :

> Any tips about getting ECLiPSe to run with IBMJava2-13 would be highly
appreciated.

Hello, I think this is related to an issue I reported about
a month ago.  I include the message I sent to the ECLiPSe
developers, for reference:

--
I have notice that when eclipse checks to see
whether the Eclipse-Java interface is supported

if ( (System.getProperty( "os.name" ).equals("Linux") ) ) {
  if ( (System.getProperty( "os.arch" ).equals("x86") ) ) {
        System.setProperty("os.arch", "i386");
     }
}
--

You could probably achieve the same thing by specifying
-Dos.arch=i386 on the command line (note: you will not

The developers have already indicated that the os.arch
requirement will be "relaxed" in the next ECLiPSe release.

Regards,
	Lloyd Kamara