Proving Optimality

From: FAROUK AMINU <f.aminu_at_lancaster.ac.uk>
Date: Mon 23 Apr 2001 10:48:20 AM GMT
Hi Everyone!

I had an experience in trying to solve an optimality problem. The program
takes long time to prove optimality(sometimes hours) though the optimum
(found using another solver)solution could be found(in ECLiPSe also) in a
second or two. Does anyone has an idea on how to reduce the search for
proving optimality in ECLiPSe?

What are the implications of using timeout on the quality of the optimum
solution(since I know it is the optimum using another method)?

Thanking you,

Farouk

UMARU FAROUK AMINU
DEPARTMENT OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCE