Need help using min_max

From: Nira Brand <nirab_at_pygmy.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Date: Tue 23 Nov 1999 11:27:56 PM GMT
Dear Eclipse Users,

I'm having a very beginning level problem that I have not been
able to solve by myself: I cannot correctly implement min_max
or any other optimazation predicate.  I don't understand
how it operates, and I have a suspicion that my code is "binding"
variables involved in the optimization that need to be "free".
(Can you tell I'm also very new to Prolog?)

I can include some small samples of code, if that would be helpful.

Thanks for any clues you can offer me,
*Nira Brand