RE: Java to eclipse

From: Neng-Fa Zhou <zhou_at_mse.kyutech.ac.jp>
Date: Thu 29 Oct 1998 01:12:53 AM GMT
Have you ever heard of JIPL(Java interface for Prolog) developed by Nobukuni Kino? I ported it to B-Prolog (Version 3.1):

          http://www.cad.mse.kyutech.ac.jp/people/zhou/bprolog.html

It works very well. I think it would also be easy to port JIPL to Eclipse.

Neng-Fa Zhou

>Is it possible to invoke eclipse from JAVA without the need to
>go via C? If it is, can someone point me in the right
>direction

Yes it is, and I think you have much to gain by linking directly from Java. If you (or anyone in this list) is willing to spend half a day with some Java and Prolog programming, I'll be willing to assist you to port our freely available Java/XSB Prolog interface, called "InterProlog". Check the article and info at http://dev.servisoft.pt/interprolog/

Best Regards,

Miguel

Miguel Calejo

Servisoft / Universidade Portucalense

mc@servisoft.pt   http://www.servisoft.pt/pessoas/mc
telefone:+351-2-610-9516  fax:+351-2-610-9574
R. Cerca 88   4150-200 Porto   Portugal