finding files in NT version

From: Jim Hearne <hearne_at_crane.cs.wwu.edu>
Date: Sat 12 Sep 1998 07:30:17 PM GMT
Helpful Eclipse Community:

I have just intalled eclipse on Windos NT.  I am having trouble reading
files (1) both interactively (with [user]---I can't seem to turn off the
input from the keyboard as one easily does in UNIX implementations) and
(2) through named file: it can find any named files.  I have tried
various
creative naming conventions, including the system independant one.  I
cannot tell if the installation is faulty or my understaniding of
eclipse.
Does any of this ring a bell?

                                Jim Hearne
                                Computer Science Department
                                Western Washington University
                                Bellingham WA 98226

[ Moderator's note: The windows version has a few teething problems
  left - we'll sort these out...

  Regarding (1), it is currently best to terminate [user] with a line:
  	end_of_file.
  It should also be possible to use ^Z<return>, but in the current
  version that seems to confuse the lexer, we'll fix that.

  As for compiling named files, I don't know what your problem is.
  The following forms should all work:
  	[myfile].
  	['myfile.pl'].
  	['subdir/myotherfile'].
  	['//c/Temp/mylastfile'].
  You can use getcwd(Dir) to find out where you are.

  -- Joachim
]