[eclipse-clp-users] a question about solving coin problem using EcLPS

From: ÂíÙ» <qma_at_mail.xidian.edu.cn>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 09:10:14 +0800 (CST)
Dear,

   I am very interested in the platform ECLPS. I want to ask a question about solving the coin problem with ECLPS, which is depicted in the paper "EcLPS: A Platform for Constraint Logic Programming". coin proFor the blem, you used a strategy about finit domain method instead of the mixted integer programming, so I want to know the complexity of the algorithm for the coin problem.
  Let the number of variables be n and the number of constraints be m. Then how to specify the complexity with the two parameters? Also, for the number of constraints, how many constraints like x1+2x2+5x5+10x10+20x20+50x50=i (i=1..99) during the solving? (Because in the problem specification, there are only one such constraint due to the predicate "fromto".) Is it 99 constraints and 99*6+6 variables are involved during the search?

   I am looking forward for hearing from you. Thank your very much~

   Yours sincerely

               Qian Ma