Re: [eclipse-clp-users] tkeclipse

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 17:21:07 +0100
Jose Luis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am a newbie in ECLiPSe and I have a problem. I am trying to run
> tkeclipse in my iMac but I receive a error message:
>
> iMacJLS:~ JoseLuis$ tkeclipse
> /Applications/Desarrollo/Prolog/ECLiPSe/bin/i386_macosx/tkeclipse:
> line 10: /Applications/Desarrollo/Prolog/ECLiPSe/tcltk/i386_macosx/bin/
> wish8.5: No such file or directory
>
> /Applications/Desarrollo/Prolog/ECLiPSe/bin/i386_macosx/tkeclipse:
> line 10: exec: /Applications/Desarrollo/Prolog/ECLiPSe/tcltk/
> i386_macosx/bin/wish8.5: cannot execute: No such file or directory

Hi Jose Luis,

The error suggest that tkeclipse is trying to run the Tcl/Tk that comes
with the Tcl/Tk package, but cannot find it. The most likely reason for
this is that you did not install the Tcl/Tk package --
tcltk_X_Y_Z_i386_macosx.tgz for version X.Y#Z. Did you look at the
README_MACOSX that comes with the eclipse_basic package? This should
give you some more information on installing and using ECLiPSe on the Mac.

Your Mac may already have Tcl/Tk installed on it, but it is likely to be
an older version -- 8.4, rather than the 8.5 in the Tcl/Tk package.
However, you can use the installed Tcl/Tk if you don't want another
version of Tcl/Tk on your machine. You need to specify the location of
the installed Tcl/Tk when you run RUNME.

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.