[ Advanced Control and Suspensions | The ECLiPSe Built-In Predicates | Reference Manual | Alphabetic Index ]
enter_suspension_list(+Position, +Attribute, +Susp)
Enter the suspension Susp into the suspension list at position Positiion within the structure Attribute.
- Integer indicating the position of the suspension list.
- Compound term, typically a variable's attribute.
- A suspension
This predicate is used to add a suspension to a single suspension list.
The suspension list is expected in the Position'th argument of the
structure Attribute. This argument can be either an existing suspension
list, or a variable. If it is a variable, a new suspension list with
Susp will be created.
The functionality is similar to insert_suspension/3, but while
enter_suspension_list/3 enters only into a single suspension list,
insert_suspension/3 finds all variables in a term and inserts a
suspension into the attribute structures of all those variables.
Suspension lists should be regarded an opaque data structure and
only be accessed and manipulated by the set of primitives provided
for this purpose.
Modes and Determinism
- enter_suspension_list(+, +, +) is det
- (4) instantiation fault
- Attribute, Susp or Position not instantiated.
- (5) type error
- Attribute is not a structure, or Susp not a suspension or Position is a non-integer number.
- (6) out of range
- Attribute's arity is less than Position, or Position is zero or less.
- (24) number expected
- Position is a non-number.
- (271) bad format of the variable attribute
- The suspension list in Position of Attribute is neither a list nor a free variable, or it contains an element which is not a suspension.
[eclipse 1]: Att = att(_, hello), init_suspension_list(1, Att),
make_suspension(true, 3, S), enter_suspension_list(1, Att, S).
Att = att(['SUSP-_286-susp'], hello)
S = 'SUSP-_286-susp'
Yes (0.00s cpu)
insert_suspension / 3, insert_suspension / 4, schedule_suspensions / 2, init_suspension_list / 2