The ECLiPSe logic programming system was originally an integration of
ECRC’s SEPIA, MegaLog and (parts of the) CHIP systems.
It was then further developed into a Constraint Logic Programming system
with a focus on hybrid problem solving and solver integration.
The documentation is organised as follows:
The User Manual
- describes the functionality
of the ECLiPSe kernel (this document).
- The Constraint Library Manual
- describes the major ECLiPSe libraries,
in particular the ones implementing constraint solvers.
- The Interfacing and Embedding Manual
- describes how to interface
ECLiPSe to other programming languages, and in particular how to embed
it into an application as a component.
- The Reference Manual
- contains detailed descriptions of all the
Built-in predicates and the libraries. This information is also available
from the development system’s help/1 command and the tkeclipse library
- The Visualisation Manual
- describes the facilities for the
visualisation of constraint propagation and search.
All the documentation can be accessed using an html browser
(refer to the eclipse installation directory under doc/index.html).