6.1 What tools are available?
ECLiPSe provides a number of different tools to help the programmer
understand their how their program behaves at runtime.
- Provides a low level view of program
- See chapter 5 and the Debugging
section in the user manual for a comprehensive look at debugging
- Samples the running program at regular intervals to
give a statistical summary of where the execution time is spent.
- Port Profiler
- Collects statistics about program execution in terms
of the box model of execution. See library(port_profiler) or use the
Port Profile option from the tkeclipse Run menu.
- Records the number of times various parts of the
program are executed.
- Visualisation framework
- See the Visualisation Tools Manual for more information
Available Program Analysis tools
This section focuses on two complementary tools
- The coverage library