Trying to redefine imported existing procedure in ground/1

From: Laszlo Nemeth <lnemeth_at_cs.bilgi.edu.tr>
Date: Tue 10 May 2005 01:03:14 PM GMT
Hi,

I'm very green to Eclipse 5.8 and trying to solve little puzzles which
involve Allen's intervals (like the one in K. Apt's book). The user
manual 8.2 suggests doing

:- lib(chr).
:- chr2pl(time).
:- ['time'].

this dies with 'calling an undefined procedure'. Later on 8.2 suggests
:- chr(time).

but this also dies. At some point, I was getting error messages about
ground/1 being redefined in 'time-pc'. Further investigation showed that
chr has been phased out in favour of ech, but then I have no clue how to
get the functionality of old chr under ech...

Would somebody please put me out of my misery with an example how to
work with Allen's intervals?

Help, pointers, examples are much appreciated.
Thanks, Laszlo