How to use predicate of library w/o loading the library?

From: Ulrich Scholz <scholz_at_informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Date: Mon 06 Dec 2004 03:33:42 PM GMT
Dear all,

I like to use unify_with_occurs_check of the iso library - but I don't
want to load that library: It messes up Strings.  Furthermore, do/2 is
broken.

By now, I use

:- (import (unify_with_occrs_check)/2 from iso).

This works as it allows to use the predicate without the negative side
effects of loading iso.  But, it produces the warning

WARNING: module 'iso' does not exists, loading library...

I guess, I'm doing something wrong.  How to do it better?

Thank you, Uli
--
Ulrich Scholz

scholz@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de