throwing an event into eclipse

From: Sebastian Sardina <ssardina_at_cs.toronto.edu>
Date: Thu 05 Aug 2004 02:18:16 PM GMT
could there be any way to "throw" an event from one eclipse "thread"/execution
to another?
I want to avoid interrupts in order to be portable to windows. I imagine to
have to eclipse programs A and B where A may want to "signal" B at some point
(but not using interrupts). I can do this if A is a C++ program that
initiates B and then A can post an event to B using "post_event()" as the
documentation says. However, I do not want to use any C++ in my application,
everything should be ECLIPSE! ;-) I am willing to start B inside A using
exec/3 or anything similar.

Thanks

Sebastian