More efficient "global variables"

From: Tallys Hoover Yunes <tallys_at_cmu.edu>
Date: Thu 08 Apr 2004 05:06:31 PM GMT
Hi,

  I'm using calls to assert and retract inside an Eclipse
  code to keep track of some intermediate data (numbers,
  lists, etc.) that needs to be accessed at different stages
  of the execution of my program.

  In other words, I'm using dynamic predicates to emulate
  global variables.

  I'd like to know if there is another (more efficient/
  less naive) way to do such a thing. Is this what
  "Global References" are for? If so, are they more efficient
  than what I'm currently doing?

  BTW, I'm interfacing with Eclipse from a C++ program.

  Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Best,
Tallys