Re: copy variables including their constraints

From: Ulrich Scholz <scholz_at_inferenzsysteme.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Date: Thu 01 May 2003 12:02:59 PM GMT
> > > If you can collect the constraints in that way, this is probably the
> > > best solution. You might not need to list all individual constraints,
> > > you just need one goal that sets them all up:
> > >
> > > ?-  setup_cstr(Vars),
> > >     copy_term(Vars-setup_cstr(Vars), VarsCopy-GoalCopy),
> > >     call(GoalCopy),
> >
> > Ah, that is a sneak way of unifying some but not all variables of a term.
>
> ??? You may be misunderstanding something.

Yes, it seems as if I don't understand your code.  setup_cstr(Vars) is a
clause that sets up the constraints on Vars (a list of Varialbles).  Why does
copy_term(...) have setup_cstr(Vars) again?

In my understanding,

copy_term(OrigTerm-VariablestoBeUnified, GoalTerm-ListOfUnifiers)

unfies the Variables in VariablesToBeUnified, which are Variables occuring in
term OrigTerm, with the terms in ListOfUnifiers, eg

copy_term([A,B,A]-[A], GoalTerm-[c]) yields T=[c,B,c]

Your code looked similar.

Uli

--
Ulrich Scholz