Re: question concerning the alldifferent predicate

From: Warwick Harvey <wh_at_icparc.ic.ac.uk>
Date: Mon 03 Feb 2003 09:29:51 AM GMT
Hi Cornelius,

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 09:23:03AM +0100, Cornelius Hagen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a question concerning the alldifferent predicate.
>
> The example below compiles well in eclipse, but the query "foo( Vert,
> Hor )." results in an "abort" with the error message:
>
> out of range in ic_excl(ic(Hor{-1.0Inf .. 1.0Inf}, integer, -1.0Inf,
> 1.0Inf, undefined, [], [], [], []), 3)

When reporting problems, please tell us which version of ECLiPSe you are
using.  This looks like you're using 5.4 or earlier; this problem has been
fixed in 5.5.  (Is it reasonable to give your variables reasonable domains
before you start giving them values?  That will avoid this problem, and
would probably be more efficient.)

Note that anybody using IC is *strongly* recommended to upgrade to the
latest version of ECLiPSe.  (I suggest 5.5#61 (or later) in the Patch
directory on the FTP site; it fixes a bug with expressions of the form X * X
and negative domains.)

Cheers,
Warwick