Re: Problem with repeatedly compiling files with partly the same content and EmbeddedEclipse

From: Joachim Schimpf <j.schimpf_at_icparc.ic.ac.uk>
Date: Thu 30 Jan 2003 01:34:09 PM GMT
> Cornelius Hagen wrote:
>
> I am writing a Java-application that iteratively poses requests on eclipse. Because I need good performance, I use an EmbeddedEclipse-object following the mapcolorour-example. I always create a file which usually contains some predicates as the
> file(s) before (and, of course, some different ones).

If you need good performance then

1. don't use files. File I/O is slow. Instead send the
   data via a queue like in the mapcolour example.

2. dont compile your data as predicates unless you really
   need them to be predicates. Compilation takes time.
   Just write your request data (e.g. in the form of a list)
   into a queue on the Java side, and read it out using
   read_exdr/2 on the Eclipse side. If you absolutely
   want to compile predicates, you can still do that
   using compile_term.

> Then I hand over the file to the rpc function.
> Eclipse sends warnings, that some relations habe been replaced by new ones with the same signature, and after a few iterations,  I get a "Throw"-Exception thrown by the rpc method.

If you don't compile, you won't get these warnings :-)

Other ways to suppress the warning are:
- abolish/1 the predicate before recompiling, or use
  erase_module/1 as already suggested
- disable the warning via :- set_event_handler(145,true/0).

--
 Joachim Schimpf              /             phone: +44 20 7594 8187
 IC-Parc                     /      mailto:J.Schimpf@imperial.ac.uk