compiling and loading an external predicate with Suse Linux

From: Ulrich Scholz <scholz_at_inferenzsysteme.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Date: Fri 13 Dec 2002 02:01:43 PM GMT
Hi everybody,

we've tried to compile the example file eg_cc_external.cc

with the command

g++ -I$ECLIPSEDIR/include/$ARCH eg_cc_external.cc
$ECLIPSEDIR/lib/$ARCH/libeclipse.a  -L$ECLIPSEDIR/lib/$ARCH -lgmp -lshm
-ldummies -ldl -lnsl -lm

We got the error

/usr/lib/crt1.o: In function `_start':
/usr/lib/crt1.o(.text+0x18): undefined reference to `main'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

OK, maybe we don't know the correct g++ parameter to compile code without
main.  So we added an empty main() and were able to compile the code.

But loading fails with

load("a.out").
/home/scholz/Dissertation/Implemenation/Georg/Docs/a.out: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory
shared library not found in load("a.out")
Abort

The variables ECLIPSEDIR, ARCH, and LD_LIBRARY_PATH are correcly set to the
values given in the documentation.

Please could someone post a working example including the command lines to
complie and the ECLiPSE commands to load the code and use the predicates.

Thank you very much, Uli

compiler: g++
operating system: Suse Linux
architecture: i386_linux