Re: Using C-Predicates in Eclipse

From: Joachim Schimpf <j.schimpf_at_icparc.ic.ac.uk>
Date: Thu 28 Nov 2002 03:35:26 PM GMT
Georg Fette wrote:

> Hiho,
> I want to use some C-methods in Eclipse. I use Windows, so I have a compiled
> file ("main.exe"), which I can load with "load("main.exe").". This call
> worked, but the next call "external(myFunc/2, p_myFunc)." failed with this
> error :
> External function does not exist in external_(myFunc/ 2, p_myFunc, eclipse)
> There is a function with the interface "int myFunc()" in my C-program, so I
> do not know, what I did wrong. Could anybody help me ?

The second argument of external/2 is the name of the C function.
If it is p_myFunc, then the function must be called p_myFunc().

You should build a dll rather than an exe file.

The function names must be exported, either by listing them in
a .def file, or by using __declspec(dllexport) declarations in
your C code.

--
 Joachim Schimpf              /             phone: +44 20 7594 8187
 IC-Parc, Imperial College   /            mailto:J.Schimpf@ic.ac.uk