Re: minimize

From: Marc van Dongen <dongen_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri 02 Aug 2002 02:38:17 PM GMT
Karen E Petrie (scomkep@zeus.hud.ac.uk) wrote:

: Hi all,

Howsagoin,

[snip]
: I think you want the minimize/5 predicate, which is:
:  minimize(+Goal, ?Template, +Lower +Upper, +Percentage)
[snip]

The problem is that Percentage has to be an integer.
Therefore, your proposed solution cannot be used for
all combinations of Lower and Upper.

Also I just realised that I cannot use Mark's suggestion
  bb_min( labeling( LIS ), EXPR, bb_options with [delta:N] )
because this may rule out solutions between whose costs are
between the cost, COST, of the last found solution and
COST + N - 1.

Thanks anyway.

Regards,

Marc van Dongen
--
M.R.C. van Dongen | CS Dept University College Cork    |        ()
 dongen@cs.ucc.ie | Cork Constraint Computation Centre |        /\