Using I/O in ECLiPSe

From: Karen E Petrie <scomkep_at_zeus.hud.ac.uk>
Date: Thu 27 Jun 2002 05:05:10 PM GMT
Dear All,

What I am trying to do is very simple in theory. Baisically I am testing a
problem so I have added some write statements to the problem so I can tell what
is going on with certain variables as the program progresses (incidentally is
there a way to just spy on certain variables using the debugger ?)

I want to send this output to a file so I can analyse it. I have set this up by
adding:

:- open("TestOutput", write, new_stream).
:- set_stream(output, new_stream).

at the top of the file. To send the output to a file called 'TestOutput'.

and then closing this file by adding the lines:

flush(new_stream),
close(new_stream).

To the end of the controling prediacte.

The problem is that this does not send all the data to the file, it sends the
first 3442 lines, and then nothing else. It looks to me that it isn't flushing
the last buffer to the file, before the file is closed, or that there is a limit
to the amount of data that can be written to a file. Can anyone explain this?

Thank you for your help,

Karen