RE: Re: Limits of ECLiPSe ?

From: josh singer <josh.singer_at_parc-technologies.com>
Date: Tue 23 Oct 2001 12:47:08 PM GMT
> I don't have choice : I use ECLiPSe with Java...(sorry for the missing
> informations in previous mails)
> I read in the documentation that it's the only way to obtain the results.

I think you may be referring to a comment in the Java-ECLiPSe Interface
documentation:

"...if you are using nondeterminism to generate multiple solutions, you
should collect these on the ECLiPSe side using a meta-level built-in
predicate such as findall/3 and then return the result to Java"

This means that you can't use non-determinism in the part of the code which
interfaces directly with Java. However, you *can* use it internally in the
Eclipse program. So unless you wanted to do return all the solutions to Java
before processing them in some way, you can process the solutions in ECLiPSe
and then return the result to Java. If you need all solutions passed to
Java, you could use a FromEclipseQueue to send each solution to Java as soon
as it is generated, and have Java record it somewhere.

Hope this helps.

Josh Singer

Developer, Parc Technologies Limited
josh.singer@parc-technologies.com
http://www.parc-technologies.com

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
-its contents are the property of Parc Technologies Limited (or its
licensors) and are confidential. Please do not copy, review, use
(except for the intended purposes), disclose or distribute the e-mail
or its contents (or allow anyone else to do so) without our prior
permission. Parc Technologies Limited does not guarantee that this
e-mail has not been intercepted and amended nor that it is
virus-free. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening
any attachment.  Any opinions expressed in this e-mail message are
those of the author and not necessarily Parc Technologies Limited.