Compile/Edit problems on Windows

From: Joachim Schimpf <j.schimpf_at_icparc.ic.ac.uk>
Date: Mon 05 Feb 2001 12:43:35 PM GMT
Jan Paralic wrote:

> we have just a small problem when trying to compile or edit a
> file from the main menu (in Win version of course :)). We always get an error
> message about invalid argument (and it seems to be a valid path).

You can fix the "Edit" problem as follows:
In TkEclipse, go to Tools->Preference Editor
and change the field "Text editor to use" from e.g.
    C:\Program Files\Windows NT\Accessories\wordpad.exe
    "C:\\Program Files\\Windows NT\\Accessories\\wordpad.exe"
i.e. add quotes and double the backslashes.

The "Compile" function from the main menu has the known bug
that the _first_ file that appears in the browser cannot be
opened by double-clicking, you have to select it and click
"open" (this seems to be a bug in Tcl/Tk, the GUI tool we use).

--
 Joachim Schimpf              /             phone: +44 20 7594 8187
 IC-Parc, Imperial College   /            mailto:J.Schimpf@ic.ac.uk