Question on backtrack and search

From: Ranjana Deshpande <ranjanagd_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue 30 Jan 2001 11:09:59 PM GMT
Is it possible for one to get a handle on a variable
while a backtrack is in progress, in ECLiPSe ?

Can I control search mechanism in ECLiPSe in any way
other than the variable and value ordering ?

I would essentially like to be able to know what is
happenign to a variabel at each stage of the search
mechanism and in case I feel the search is not
proceeding towards a solution- can I choose the
variable to which the search mechanism will backjump
to ?

Thanks
Ranjana Deshpande