Load('util.o') problem

From: Andrej Pietschker <andrej.pietschker_at_ncl.ac.uk>
Date: Thu 30 Sep 1999 10:01:43 AM GMT
I have encountered a problem and I am looking for some help.

I am trying to load some C-code with the load('util.o') command
(My code is compiled in util.o).

I can use this command successfully on a sun sparc solaris machine.
It works as described in the manual.

On a i386_linux installation is goes wrong, I get the message
"ELF file's phentsize not the expected size".
I have obviously recompiled util.c on linux.
I can also compile it with the eclipse standalone libraries and it has
the desired effects.

I was wondering if I am doing something obviously wrong here.

Thanks
Andrej Pietschker

[ Moderator's note:

On Solaris and Linux, you should use .so files for loading,
i.e. load('util.so').  To produce the so file use:

Solaris:
cc -I/usr/local/eclipse/include/sparc_sunos5 -G util.c -o util.so

Linux:
cc -I/usr/local/eclipse/include/i386_linux -shared util.c -o util.so

]