Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Segmentation fault — Cygwin + win10

From: Joachim Schimpf <jschimpf_at_...311...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 17:29:49 +0100
On 29/07/2021 11:51, Manu goswami wrote:
> Hi developers,
>
> I have been building and using eclipse clp in Cygwin win 10 but suddenly
> eclipse.exe has started to return ‘segmentation fault’
>
> On checking with gdb error is at ec_mark_did (d=0xffffffff00000000) at
> /src//dict.c:1088
>
> This is extremely surprising and came from nowhere. There was no change in code
> or the Cygwin environment. Also build is successful each time but execution fails.

Hi, this looks like a bug that was fixed recently.  If you are building
ECLiPSe yourself, change in Kernel/src/database.h the old line

extern vmcode	*allocate_code_block();

Extern vmcode *allocate_code_block(word size, uword btablepos, uword link, uword
bid, uword fid, uword btype, uword cid);

Cheers,
Joachim