[eclipse-clp-users] minimax problems

From: <mskala_at_...206...>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2017 10:28:10 -0600 (CST)
I'm trying to solve a minimax problem - given an objective function of
some variables X_i and Y_i, find values of the X_i to minimize the
maximum of the objective given those X_i and any Y_i.  I expect to be able
to get reasonable results on this in a fairly straightforward way with
ic and branch_and_bound, simply nesting the max inside the min.  But is
there anything specific I should be watching out for?  Non-obvious
techniques specific to this problem that make it work better?  Previous
work on minimax optimization in ECLiPSe, or anything like that?
--
Matthew Skala
mskala_at_...206...                 People before principles.