Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Reviving Old Software in Eclipse

From: Joachim Schimpf <jschimpf_at_...311...>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 18:19:59 +0000
On 23/03/16 16:45, Ingo Dahn wrote:

> trying to re-use a software that my team completed writing in Eclipse in 1998 it
> seems I have to adapt it to changes in the module system as, for example,
> module_interface/1 is no longer supported. Is there any tool or guiding document
> that can help doing the required changes in a larger set of Eclipse Prolog files?

1998 means that your code was written for ECLiPSe 3.X or 4.0.  You can find
the release notes for all subsequent releases at http://eclipseclp.org/relnotes/

The major changes in the module system happened in release 5.0, and are
summarily described in http://eclipseclp.org/relnotes/rel50.html
More detail (probably more than you want to know) about this change is in
http://eclipse-clp.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/eclipse-clp/Eclipse/documents/internal/modules.html?revision=1.1.1.1
,
in particular a section on module_interface/1 towards the end.

Generally, we have tried to keep things backward-compatible.  Even the
module_interface/1 directive is still recognized, and interpreted in terms
of the newer functionality as far as possible.  You will get a warning
about the obsolete directive, but much of it should still work.

I am always interested in larger ECLiPSe programs for inclusion in our
test suite.  So, if your software is openly available, and comes with
a collection of test cases, I would be interested in including it.

Please let us know if you run into porting problems.

Regards,
Joachim