Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Error_Handler

From: Marco Gavanelli <marco.gavanelli_at_...17...>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 08:57:30 +0100
Dear Shrirang,

by looking at the list of available predicates:

http://eclipseclp.org/doc/bips/fullindex.html

and searching the string "error", I found that there is a predicate
error_id that provides you the error message.

> [eclipse 2]: error_id(4,MGS).
>
> MGS = "instantiation fault"
> Yes (0.00s cpu)

this means that ECLiPSe was expecting to get an instantiated value,
while it was not (i.e., it was a variable).

Example of a program that raises that error on backtracking:

goal(X):- member(X,[1,2,3]).
goal(X):- N is X+1.

> [eclipse 2]: goal(X).
>
> X = 1
> Yes (0.00s cpu, solution 1, maybe more) ? ;
>
> X = 2
> Yes (0.00s cpu, solution 2, maybe more) ? ;
>
> X = 3
> Yes (0.00s cpu, solution 3, maybe more) ? ;
> instantiation fault in +(X, 1, _167)
> Abort

Best,
Marco