Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Time out issue with long integer

From: Edgaonkar, Shrirang <Shrirang.Edgaonkar_at_...390...>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 00:23:31 +0000
Dear Joachim,

I solved the problem as follows:-
Solution with precision 0.01
:- lib(ic).
solve(N1, N2) :-
 N1 :: -4294967296 .. 4294967297,
 N2 :: -4294967296 .. 4294967297,

 N2 $= 100,

 (N1/N2) $> 3.5,

 search([N1,N2],0,input_order,indomain,complete,[]).
Output
N1 = 351
N2 = 100
There are 2 delayed goals.
Yes (0.00s cpu, solution 1, maybe more)

Solution with precision 0.001
:- lib(ic).
solve(N1, N2) :-
 N1 :: -4294967296 .. 4294967297,
 N2 :: -4294967296 .. 4294967297,

 N2 $= 1000,

 (N1/N2) $> 3.5,

 search([N1,N2],0,input_order,indomain,complete,[]).
Output
N1 = 3501
N2 = 1000
There are 2 delayed goals.
Yes (0.00s cpu, solution 1, maybe more)
Solution with precision 0.1
:- lib(ic).
solve(N1, N2) :-
 N1 :: -4294967296 .. 4294967297,
 N2 :: -4294967296 .. 4294967297,

 N2 $= 10,

 (N1/N2) $> 3.5,

 search([N1,N2],0,input_order,indomain,complete,[]).
Output
N1 = 36
N2 = 10
There are 2 delayed goals.
Yes (0.00s cpu, solution 1, maybe more)
This approach of representing real (fraction) as a numerator/denominator will work for any complex situation and solver can solve this with correct results.
This converts indefinite real output to a definite one. If we can implement this in Eclipse it will be a great contribution. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks and Regards,
Shrirang Edgaonkar