Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Constraints on structures

From: Edgaonkar, Shrirang <Shrirang.Edgaonkar_at_...390...>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 01:06:38 +0000
Dear Joachim,

    Thanks for the answer. It worked.

I have one more issue. I am trying the following.

search([A[year of book], B[year of book]],0,input_order,indomain_split,complete,[]).

I want to be able to search for multiple variables within the structure using search. May be the syntax does not allow me to do so. I had to settle down for this.
search([Y, Z],0,input_order,indomain_split,complete,[]),
where Y and Z are references to the structure variables. Since I need to generate clp code, it demands a generic solution and it would be more effort with the latter approach.

Please suggest.

Cheers,

Shrirang

:-lib(ic).
:- local struct( others(dvds, ratings) ).
:- local struct( see(others, stars) ).
:- local struct( book(author, title, year, publisher, cost, details, see) ).
top(ListOfBooks):-
  ListOfBooks = [
     D, A, B, C
 ],
  A = book{see:Z, title:"tom sawyer", author:twain},

  B = book{see:Z, title:"tintin and the destination moon", author:herge},

  B[year of book] :: -100 .. 100,

  A[year of book] #> 10,

  A[year of book] #< 20,

  A[cost of book] #> A[year of book],

  A[cost of book] #< 30,

  %book{year:Y} = A,

   %Y #> 10,

   %book{year:Z} = B,

   %Z #> 15,

  %search([Y, Z],0,input_order,indomain_split,complete,[]),

  search(A[cost of book],0,input_order,indomain_split,complete,[]).

  %search([A[year of book], B[year of book]],0,input_order,indomain_split,complete,[]).