Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Checking for existing clauses without dynamic definition?

From: Gesche Gierse <gierse_at_...358...>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 20:50:02 +0200
Thanks for the help, that solution works out fine.

However it raises another questions: I need to store those dynamic
predicates in different files (want to use some with different modules
and avoid copy&paste). Furthermore I want to load that definitions only
with a single import/use_module call.

When I load these predicates with

:- ['outsourced_predicates']

the solution below does not detect the predicates defined in
"outsourced_predicates" (they seem to be unfindable for "clause").

I hacked that by defining a module "outsourced_predicates", which has a
tool predicate "assert_preds", that asserts everything to the calling
module:

:- export assert_preds/0.
:- tool(assert_preds/0, assert_preds/1).

assert_preds(M) :- call(assert(..))_at_M.

That works, but I have to call the predicate "assert_preds" explicitly.
I would rather like to call it implicitly at import time. Therefore I tried

:- export initialization((outsourced_predicates : assert_preds))

However, then "clause" does not detect the asserted predicates.

Do you have any idea how I could use definitions from different files
such that "clause" can find all of them in one module and that only one
import command is needed?

Thanks, again!
Gesche