Re: [eclipse-clp-users] ECLiPSe on Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8)

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2012 06:00:47 +0100
Hi Dave,

The ECLiPSe Mac OS X x86 binaries from SourceForge are built on Mac OS 10.6.

The single error message you have given is not enough to show what might
be going wrong. In particular, I am not sure if the problem is caused by
compiling on 10.8. I can't really tell where exactly the error message
is from, and what exactly configure did. Is there a libeclipse.dylib (it
should be in Kernel/x86_64_macosx directory)? If not, there should have
been some earlier error when the building of libeclipse.dylib  failed.

You don't seem to have set ECLiPSETHIRDPARTY environment variable for
your build, and this probably means that few third-party components will
be used for your build (configure should report what it was able to
find). For ECLiPSe 6.0 onwards, we strongly recommend that you build
ECLiPSe with at least bignum support, i.e. with GNU GMP (or GMP
compatible lib -- for x86 Macs I use MPIR instead of GMP), because
without bignums, the new ECLiPSe compiler can only compile clauses with
limited number of variables, and some of ECLiPSe's own files cannot be
compiled). However, I don't think this is the direct cause of your
error, as your error seem to be happening earlier than this.