Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Excuse me. I want to ask a question.

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 18:22:20 +0100
Hi Tommy,

On 11/04/2012 10:13, Chen Tommy wrote:

>     But when I use the instruction  "rpc(remote predicate call)" in ECLiPSe
> that just return "null".

I am not sure I understand you completely -- I assume you are calling
the the eclipse.rpc method in Java, and are you saying that you get null
returned as a result?

It is difficult to say much about this as you don't seem to show any
code of what you are doing. However, I am not sure I understand how an
rpc can return null as the result, as this implies that the rpc was
called with a variable as the goal, which I would have expected to cause
an error to be thrown, rather than returning null...

Can you please give more information on what you have done exactly, and
also more details on your environment (platform, ECLiPSe version used,
etc.).

>      It's can work in integer number but can't work in real number.Can I ask
> why? Thanks for your help.

Again, I am not sure I understand you. Both floats and doubles can be
used/returned in a rpc goal -- the rpc method is designed to accept a
CompoundTerm representation of the goal you are calling, and the
CompoundTerm can have both real (Java Float or Double) and integer
subterms. A Goal cannot be just a float or double on its own, as these
are not valid goals.

However, note that a CompoundTerm cannot represent all ECLiPSe terms, in
particular variables are only place holders and unique, i.e. variables
cannot be shared in the term (occur more than once), and you cannot pass
attribute information back to Java via the variables. In general, you
should do the processing in ECLiPSe, and return only ground results back
to Java.