Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Large integers and delayed goals

From: <mskala_at_...206...>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 09:03:34 -0500 (CDT)
On Tue, 13 Mar 2012, Sergey Dymchenko wrote:
> My question was more about how ECLiPSe works with large integers, not
> about this particular problem.
> And it's clear that if we constrain our variables to be at most 100 we
> will not get rounding errors.

Have you tried using fd instead of ic?  The ic solver, as a basic
principle of its design, uses floating-point numbers internally even when
solving integer problems.  The fd solver uses integers.  At least some of
the integers used by the fd solver (I'm not sure if this applies
throughout) are limited to machine words, but especially if you have a
64-bit machine, that may be good enough.  At least it's unlikely to have
any rounding errors.
--
Matthew Skala
mskala_at_...206...                 People before principles.