Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Java-embedding problem with v6.1 (dev build 85) on Win7 64

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 17:04:11 +0100
On 22/09/2011 08:52, -dp- wrote:

> Previously, I had tried attaching src to my IDE to see if I could figure out
> the problem, but the IDE couldn't show the values of variables when I
> "stepped into" eclipse.jar. After the UAC idea failed, I realized I had to
> create a Java project from src. That revealed what appears to be a bug in
> EclipseEngineOptions.setEclipseDir()...somehow, when commandline
> arg -Declipse.directory="C:\Program Files\ECLiPSe 6.1\" is read-in via
> System.getProperties() [line 113], and then processed [lines 153 and 295],
> the final double-quote char is left on the end:
>
>     "C:\\Program Files\\ECLiPSe 6.1""

The problem is with your command line argument -- the \" in  ...ECLiPSe
6.1\" seems to be interpreted as a quoted ", i.e. that it is part of the
string, and not as a syntax for terminating  the string.

Since this eclipse.directory expects a path to a directory, you probably
don't need the last \ anyway, so I suggest you should just try it
without the last \.

I don't think I will ever understand why executing Java programs is so
complicated...

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.