Re: [eclipse-clp-users] problem with remote_connect_accept in debugdemo.ecl

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 01:44:39 +0100
On 02/08/2011 21:48, Kostas Oikonomou wrote:

> I am trying to run the debugdemo.ecl program from Ch. 5 of
> the tutorial through TkEclipse.  I press "creep" repeatedly
> in the Tracer, and things go well, until the code hits
> remote_connect_accept.  This line fails (red in the call stack).

I was only able to reproduce your problem if you compile debugdemo
without changing your working directory to the directory with
debugdemo.ecl (and the other programs listed in the chapter).
For example, if you used 'File->Change to example directory' to change
to the example directory, and then compiled debugdemo.ecl without using
cd/1 or ThECLiPSe's 'File->Change directory...' option to change into
the tutorial directory, i.e. you either used File->Compile... and then
changed the directory in the file selection widget, or equivalently,
["tutorial/debugdemo"] in the query entry. This will compile the file
*without* changing your working directory.

If you did this, running colour will show the problems you described.
This is because debugdemo assumes it can find the other files in the
current directory, and if they are not, then the execution fails.

Is this your problem? The tutorial chapter does say you should change
your working directory to the directory where the debugdemo.ecl files
are, but the debugdemo.ecl program does not actually check that this is
the case. I guess I should change the program to be more robust to catch
such problems.

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.